Thursday, May 3, 2012

Artistic Happy Hour

Hello! Sorry for the radio silence. I've been working on rebranding Haddon Interiors, which I'm excited to share with you in a few weeks, and I've been starting on some fun, new projects. Things around here have been busy, and so I was excited to be invited to a little happy hour hosted by my dear friend, Lisa Shirk.


Le Artiste!



Lisa is an amazing artist who has recently launched her new website. She is also passionate about getting people to think creatively and take artistic risks regardless if you deem yourself an artist or more of a can't-draw-a-straight-line type of person. Lisa invited a few of us together last week to do a test run on an idea she hopes to get momentum behind - an artistic happy hour! About 8 of us gathered after work last week, and while noshing on wine and delicious appetizers, Lisa taught us the basics of creating art. She went through the various mediums (watercolor, acrylic, charcoal, pen + ink) and had us do few warm up exercises. Then....she let us loose. We each received an 8x10 blank canvas where we could experiment with any type of medium and paint anything that inspired us.






I had come across an amazing piece of artwork the other day through a blog, however it was too steep for my pockets to purchase. I figured this may be an opportunity to try and recreate it....

not too bad, but I'm no Lisa Shirk!



The evening was such a great way to relax post-work, and everyone left with an original piece of art. It was a win-win evening for all!

Please check out Lisa's work, and she is available for commissions as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment