Monday, May 21, 2012

Freshened Up!

Over the past several months, I've been working on a new logo and new website for Haddon Interiors. It was about time to freshen things up around here! Portfolios take a long time to create as most projects can take up to a year to complete before they are ready to shoot. I'm very appreciative of the amazing clients who allowed me to photograph their spaces.

For the logo, I worked with the wonderful, lovely and very talented Megan of Toast and Laurel. I had come across Megan after seeing the beautiful work she did for the west coast designer, Amy Meier, and I knew I had to work with her! We collaborated via email and phone, and we started the process with an inspiration board I sent her of random images/fonts I had collected over time. I love how a logo, which is mainly text, can be inspired by images - or at least that is the why I work best! Megan worked with me to create a beautiful, clean and classic logo.


My inspiration board



Using the inspiration board as a jumping off point, we finally came to this final design:



Now that I had the new logo finalized, the website was next, which was a much larger undertaking. I knew I wanted a very simple website so that my photos would be the focus. I decided to use the website company, Big Folio, because they were not only priced right, but had some wonderful templates that looked professional. They were incredibly easy to work with, and help was just an email away if needed.



I also worked with the talented photographers, Stacy Zarin-Goldberg and Amy Free to capture the projects and page photos for the site. Hiring a professional photographer is worth every penny!!!

I hope you take a minute to poke around on my site. My portfolio is a "working" portfolio as I always have projects in the work that will eventually be photographed and added to the site.

Thanks again to all the wonderful, professional women who helped me with this face lift. The blog is next on my list...

No comments:

Post a Comment