Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Weekend Project

You can never underestimate the power of the color black. It has become one of my favorite colors, which is obvious because the foundation of color in my home is black and white with pops of bright color. I painted all my window trim downstairs in black, the back of my front door, back door and office door. I love the graphic punch it provides against the white walls.

(black trim mid-renovation)



(my office door )

When we purchased our house, we noticed that there were only 2 original doors left in the house. So sad... all the other doors had been replaced with those awful, cheap, hollow core doors. We painted them white and switched out the hardware to spiff them up a bit as a "place holder" until we could replace all the doors. However, the doors are going to have to stay a bit longer because we have so many more priorities on our ongoing "renovation list."

So I had an "aha" moment the other day and decided to perk the doors up a bit more. I am going to paint all the interior doors this weekend in a semi-gloss black. Again, there is no denying that black is a miracle color in that everyone looks good in, it slims you, it hides imperfections and it's a sophisticated color. I'm hoping it will bring those hollow core doors up a level, at least until we can replace them. Here are a few inspiration photos that prove how beautiful black can be to a room.








(Please don't shoot me for not sourcing these photos. I pulled them a long time ago and have no clue where they are from. Please feel free to source!)

No comments:

Post a Comment