Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I ♡ New York




I returned from NYC on Sunday night with an extra pep in my step, a desire to move there and a brain flowing with creative motivation. The trip was just what I needed to get this new year off to a good start. I've decide that I'm going to start budgeting in at least 3 trips to NYC a year for professional development/inspiration! We had a super productive weekend, and I thought I'd do a quick recap of the weekend via my iPhone photos.


We started our mornings off with large, nutritious breakfasts. I had the best Florentine Benedict at Alice's Tea Cup paired with lavender and bergamot Earl Grey tea.


We admired the fabulous, outrageous architecture of this building - can you imagine that being your office building? You'd feel inspired every day you walked in!

Took short breaks to do a little clothes shopping. I fell in love with this mohair coat at Paul Smith's.


Was tempted do a little shopping for Max and considered purchasing these PUGZ for him until the Mister put the kabosh on them.


Fell in love with the wallpaper and feminine little chair in the Paul Smith dressing room.


Swooned over this wool and silk rug at ABC Carpet and Home. I need a project where I can use this stunning piece of art work! Photos don't do it justice.


Loved the simple design of this high chair and the fact that it allows the child to color all over it using crayons. Brilliant!



Dreamed of purchasing this punchy print at Paul Smith's. Anything with a sketched or watercolor quality makes me weak at the knees.



Stopped for a late lunch at The Smile. I'm obsessed with not only the food but the ambiance of this quaint little restaurant.


Was inspired by this wall hanging at John Derian's. You can never have enough decoupage!


And of course John Derian even has cool hardware on his front doors. I'd love to use these in someone's home.


No comments:

Post a Comment