Thursday, January 5, 2012

In Need of an Inspirational Weekend


This week has felt like I've been slogging through it. I still am not back on my regular sleep schedule, which affects me greatly. My body is one that needs a sleep routine much like a newborn baby. We had one of our water mains break yesterday afternoon, which caused me to spend the afternoon in my Hunter boots with a mop, and all the towels we own dashing around trying to soak up the 1" water all over our basement (and tenant's apartment) floor. Thankfully, I think we caught it at the right moment. Crisis averted.



I mention all this because I'm in need of an inspirational trip to get my creative juices flowing again and get back into the swing of things. Luckily, I had scheduled a trip to NYC with a good friend of mine who also happens to be a client. She is building her first house, which should be done next month, and we are needing to do a bit of last minute furniture shopping.



I absolutely love New York, and I ask the Mister about once a month if we should think about moving there for a couple of years. Of course, I dream about the small little apartment we'd keep up there so we could keep our "home" in DC, but have a comfortable place to stay when we go up. Sadly, I don't for see that happening in our near future, but a girl can dream, right?


I hope to have some fun posts next week when I return. Have a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment