Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Back to Life...Back to Reality

As I mentioned earlier this week, we just returned from a fabulous week at the beach with my family and Ron's family. Because it was such a magical week, I can't even begin to recount all the wonderful moments, so I'm just going to leave you with a few highlights....


1. We spent the week playing games...lots of games, and our $20 volleyball set from Wal-mart held up well despite the wind.

2. Not only did I get to spend time with Ron's family, but I was able to spend time with my family as well (Dad was taking the picture).


3. The mother-in-laws were just two peas in a pod!

4. One of my favorite parts of the week were the dinners we cooked. On this particular night we made a low country boil called Frogmore Stew which had shrimp, crab legs, corn, potatoes, and onions....mmm!

5. Fun times were had with Ron and his brother Jimmy. This photo was taken right before I had my wardrobe malfunction. Unfortunately, I had just come in from boogie boarding, leaned down to grab a bottle of water and my bathing suit top just popped off! Fortunately, Jimmy was able to shield his eyes quickly from the nightmare. We are a close family...but not that close!

6. My sister, Laura, and I, grew up playing tons of card games. So we were excited to find some willing players to participate in rounds of Spades and Gin Rummy!

7. My mother-in-law is just too cute not to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment