Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Juxtapositions of J.Crew


(image via J. Crew)

Most of my friends know how passionate I am about J. Crew...I get giddy every time a new catalogue appears in my mailbox!


It's not just the clothes I get excited about, but it's all the elements that make J. Crew what it is - the styling, the photography, the witty wordings, the interesting color selections, the textures and the juxtaposition of pairing casual with dressy. I definitely believe there is an interior design lesson in every magazine as I'm often inspired to take the pages of the J. Crew catalogue and apply them to interiors. Who says you can't take a velvet upholstered sofa and put it in front of a rustic, coffee table made of reclaimed wood?



(both images via J.Crew)




And the brains behind all this creative ingenuity is Jenna Lyons, J. Crew's Creative Director. She is in the current issue of Town and Country. My dream would be to design interiors part of the week, and the other half would be to walk in Jenna Lyons' shoes.....but for now, I'll just stick to drooling over the delicious content J. Crew continues to create!


(image via Town and Country)

1 comment:

  1. I am WITH YOU, Kat! I love those catalogs...they are shooting in the most interesting locations lately, too. I only wish I had all the pieces to pull of such awesome outfits. I am loving all their stuff since Jenna Lyons got there, although not so much the prices...

    ReplyDelete