Monday, August 3, 2009

To Market To Market

Well, I just returned from a fabulous week at the beach...more on that later. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them edited and sorted. In the meantime, I wanted to share with you two of my favorite design companies. I discovered these companies while I was at Market in High Point back in the spring.

Natural Curiosities (NC)....the name says it all. This art emporium embraces mediums of all types. In their market space, Natural Curiosities showcased everything from antique maps, to pressed and framed banana leaves to silkscreens. The ingenuity in the way they frame or display a piece takes a simple object and elevate it into a masterpiece. NC celebrates a simple approach to art but in the process they create a sophisticated and intriguing piece of work.

I loved their pressed, framed leaves. The circular frame takes a simple leaf and turns it into a fabulous l'art d'object.



The other display I couldn't tear myself away from was the work of artist Fernando Boher. Again, his subjects are just everyday items, but these are silkscreens framed and grouped together. How fun to have a display like this on a wall in your living room or office. It adds a bit of whimsy to the atmosphere!

(image via Natural Curiosities)


The second company that I am slightly obsessed with is Bobo Intriguing Objects. We arrived to their space early one morning as they were having a first come, first serve designer sale. While we waited outside, they supplied coffee, Krispy Kreme donuts and entertainment. There was a duo playing banjo and fiddle accompanied with singing....Bobo had me at hello.




Bobo specializes in one-of-a-kind found objects, and the owner, inspired by his travels all over the world often creates reproductions of the extremely rare pieces. Bobo's style embraces the eclectic, industrial chic look that has made its debut in the recent years.

I am a lover of using found objects for interiors, so the minute I stepped inside I felt right at home. Below is a wonderful piece that I think would make a fabulous kitchen island...*sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment